Wednesday 6 April 2011

The inaugural post

Here it is: the obligatory first post. "Yay, I've started my blog! I swear I'm going to post, like, at least three times a day! For the rest of my life! It's going to be, like, the best, best blog EVER..."
Not really. But I'm sure there are plenty of other like-minded wannabe-chefs out there who will enjoy my however-sporadically-posted recipes, tips and tales of kitchen misfortune.
Although I'm primarily a baker and dessert-maker, hopefully blogging will encourage me to branch out and become more confident with preparing savoury dishes and main meals. If so, my husband will be eternally grateful. And so will my waistline.
Bon appétit!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe we can swap tips and recipes as I am far more confident with savoury dishes and main meals. I hate pastry (even the store bought stuff refuses to rise for me) and find most sweet dishes far too fiddly for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Bel. Great blog.

    Vege dishes are the ones I don't like. Just seem so boring. Love biscuits but they are a bit fiddly. Hopeless and my own pastry but seem to be ok with bought stuff. Cakes and Desserts are my fave. Or a good meat dish especially if it gives you the vege ideas too.

    Keep the ideas coming.

    ReplyDelete